MS, Biostatistics, West Virginia University
MS, Finance, West Virginia University
MBA, West Virginia University
Yilin is a Senior Health Data Analyst with the Health Affairs Institute, dedicated to using health data analytics to enhance the quality of care and health outcomes for Medicaid enrollees in West Virginia. Yilin’s expertise lies in behavioral health services and prescription drug use among substance use populations. Yilin has been supporting multiple projects, which include the 11-15 SUD Waiver Evaluation, the Medicaid Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Outcomes and Recovery (MOTOR) Study, the Telehealth Pilot project, an independent study for All-Payer Claims Databases (APCD) project, and the Medicaid Outcomes Distributed Research Network (MODRN) project. She has also focused on program evaluation to assess the impact of policy changes on health outcomes, costs, and service utilization through advanced statistical modeling techniques.
Prior to joining the Health Affairs Institute, Yilin gained experience as a research assistant for PIs from various backgrounds at WVU. She participated in clinical studies on topics such as substance dependence, methamphetamine use and infectious disease, breast cancer treatment, and atrial fibrillation treatment.
- Cai, Y., Dai, Z., Wen, S. et al. Risk factors associated with infection of blood-borne virus among people who used methamphetamine (2020). BMC Infectious Diseases, 20, 742. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12879-020-05464-y.
- Abdelsattar, J. M., McClain, K., Afridi, F. G., Wen, S., Cai, Y., Musgrove, K. A., … & Lupinacci, K. (2020). Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Versus Whole Breast Radiation for Early-Stage Breast Cancer Treatment in Rural Appalachia. The American Surgeon, 0003134820940735. https://doi.org/10.1177/0003134820940735.
- Mahoney, III, J.J., Winstanley, E., Lander, L.R., Berry, J.H., Marshalek, P.J., Haut, M.W., Marton, J., Kimble, W., Armistead, M., Wen, S., Cai, Y., Hodder, S. (2021). High prevalence of co-occurring substance use in individuals with opioid use disorder. Addictive Behaviors, 114, 106752. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2020.106752.
- Bianco, C., Wen, S., Cai, Y., Finch, C., Kimble, W., Caccamo, M., & Sokos, G. G. (2020). Novel Oral Anticoagulants are Safe and Effective for Thromboembolic Prophylaxis in Obese Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 75(11S1), 505. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0735-1097(20)31132-3.
- Fisher, M.S., Duggan, M., & Cai, Y. (2020). Effects of Mouthrinses on Salivary ph after Acidic Drink Consumption. Mountaineer Undergraduate Research Review, 5(1), 8. https://researchrepository.wvu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1078&context=murr.
- Medicaid Outcomes Distributed Research Network (MODRN), Donohue, J. M., Jarlenski, M. P., Kim, J. Y., Tang, L., Ahrens, K., Allen, L., Austin, A., Barnes, A. J., Burns, M., Chang, C.-C. H., Clark, S., Cole, E., Crane, D., Cunningham, P., Idala, D., Junker, S., Lanier, P., Mauk, R., … Kennedy, S. (2021). Use of medications for treatment of opioid use disorder among US Medicaid enrollees in 11 states, 2014-2018. JAMA, 326(2), 154–164. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2021.7374.
- Ahrens, K., Sharbaugh, M., Jarlenski, M. P., Tang, L., Allen, L., Austin, A. E., Barnes, A. J., Burns, M. E., Clark, S., Zivin, K., Mack, A., Liu, G., Mohamoud, S., McDuffie, M. J., Hammerslag, L., Gordon, A. J., Donohue, J. M., & Writing Committee for MODRN. (2023). Prevalence of testing for HIV, HBV, and HCV among Medicaid enrollees treated with medications for opioid use disorder in 11 states, 2016-2019. Clinical Infectious Diseases. https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciac981.